Monday 26 May 2014

Onion Salt



I love to use flavored salt but find quality ones very expensive. Today I pulled a big bunch of fresh shallots and chives from my garden and trialled an adapted version of a recipe I found. Love it!!!
I am going to add fresh herbs to the mix in the first step next time and see how I like it. Yummo!!

Ingredients

1 large brown onion
1 leek, white part only
1 bunch fresh chives
2 bunches fresh spring onions/shallots
4 large garlic cloves
1 Cup fine Celtic sea salt/ Himalayan salt

How to Prepare:
  1. Roughly chop all ingredients except salt and blend/process to a paste.
  2. Spread onto dehydrator sheets or baking trays lined with baking paper and dry at about 60 degrees C until completely dry (about 5 hours in my dehydrator)
  3. Blend dehydrated ingredients to a powder and then mix through salt.


Posted By: Natasha Mansour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...