Thursday 12 January 2012

Rocket Pesto Pasta Salad with Roasted Pumpkin, Leek and Mushroom


It has been rather hot here in Cooranbong NSW lately, and the last thing you feel like doing is eating and preparing a hot meal. My pregnancy cravings came up with this rather scrumptious lunch meal.


Ingredients:
5 cups diced pumpkin (large 2 cm cubes)
1 leek, sliced thinly
500g mushrooms, quartered
2 Tbs tamari (soy sauce)
2 Tbs olive oil
1 packet of Penne pasta
  •   Mix the cubed pumpkin together with a little olive oil and place on a lined baking tray. Roast in the oven for approx 30-40 minutes (this could vary a lot - my oven is VERY old) until soft and browned. Set aside to cool.
  • Fry together the leek and mushrooms in the tamari and olive oil. Set aside.
  • Cook the pasta until just cooked. Immediately drain and rinse and let sit in cold water.

Pesto:
3/4 cup Tamari Almonds (if you cannot find tamari almond you may use regular almonds, adding a little tamari to the pesto)
4 cloves garlic
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tsp celtic salt
3 cups Basil leaves
1/4 cup sundried tomato, sliced
  •  Place all pesto ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined. You may add a little lemon juice or water if it needs to be thinner. We enjoy a little lemon juice for an extra bite.

TO SERVE: Drain the pasta and then mix through the pesto. Add the roasted pumpkin and mushrooms, and 2 large handfuls of rocket leaves. Mix well and serve! 


Proverbs 3:27  "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it."
 

Posted by Melissa Awde

18 comments:

  1. Excellent pasta, Micky! Ella and Damon LOVED it and had two bowls each. The only thing I didn't have was the Tamari Almonds so just used plain instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your articles are very useful. I really like them. It's very kind of you to share your insight.They give me effective tips. Thank you for sharing your insight.
    currency-converter-box currency converter box app

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your article is very interesting. I want to enjoy more and more about your writing. I wish you best things in life.
    https://bit.ly/2QslLr4 , https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master, best autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an unprecedented article, Given such a great deal of information in it.Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    facebook help chat facebook inbox. autoketing app

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us.
    Product discount master for you, Product discount master app, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not even understand how I ended up here, but I thought this publish was great. I don’t recognize who you might be however certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you happen to are not already. Cheers!
    email with love online
    apps autoketing
    email with love free

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post will definitely be appreciated by everyone, hopefully it will be noticed by many, thanks for sharing this.
    friv10games club 2 player , kizi-2018 Games for boys, gogy xyz free games

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Neat post. There is a problem together with your site in internet explorer, may test this? IE still is the market chief and a huge portion of other people will leave out your fantastic writing because of this problem.
    Shell Shockers Game
    The-light-temple-fireboy-and-watergirl-2 Game
    Sling-drift Game

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.
    dynamons world club , my friend pedro club Games to play , pixel gun apocalypse 3 ,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.
    Games xmas magic tiles
    Truck physics free
    Gunmaster onslaught games for kid

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this post it was excellent and integrating post. I must say I enjoy reading this article thanks a lot for sharing this article and continue to good work
    mr dubstep games to play , moto x3m 4 winter games to play , santa claus jump games ,

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us
    bob the robber 4 japan online games , fireboy and watergirl 4 online free , mario banzai online ,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your this post while hunting down some related data on blog search...Its a decent post..keep posting and refresh the data.
    game bob the robber 4 japan , fireboy and watergirl 4 online , mario banzai free ,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheers for sharing with us your wonderful blog.The articles contain plenty of knowledge and information.I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.
    Papa's Scooperia free game to play game Def Island Kick The Buddy online game

    ReplyDelete

  15. Great article Lot's of information to Read....Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks.miniclip online, play a10games, Jogos live

    ReplyDelete

  16. food games online
    basketball games
    soccer games play
    heers for sharing with us your wonderful blog.The articles contain plenty of knowledge and information.I thought I would leave my first comment

    ReplyDelete

  17. Frenzy Babysitter
    Mini Golf Adventures
    Boxing Live 2
    There is definately a great deal to know about this subject. I like all of the points you've made.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...